Part of AKG’s Project Studio microphone series, the P120 is a cardioid condenser microphone with a 2/3″ diaphragm that is designed for recording vocals and instruments. The P120 is a solidly built, all-metal body microphone that can withstand the rigors of daily use and will deliver clear and accurate sound thanks to its low-mass diaphragm.
The P120 also features two physical switches on the front of the microphone, a -20dB attenuation pad allowing for a max SPL of 150dB and a 6dB/octave high-pass filter at 300 Hz to help keep low frequencies in control.
A microphone stand adapter is included to allow for the P120 to be attached to any standard microphone stand.
AKG P120 Specifications:
- Capsule: 2/3″ True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 24 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max. SPL for 0.5% THD: 130dB without pad engaged, 150dB with -20dB pad engaged
- Equivalent Noise Level to IEC60286-4: 19 dBA
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dBA (RE 1PA)
- Preattenuation Pad: -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 300 Hz, 6dB/octave
- Electrical Impedance: < /= 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >/= 1000 Ohms
- Connector: 3-Pin XLR (Pin 2 Hot)
- Phantom Powering: 48V +/- 4V to IEC61938
- Current Consumption: < /= 3 mA
- Temperature Range: 14°F to 140°F (-10°C to +60°C)